Attention Completers of the New Jersey Approved Programs through TLAP (Teacher Licensure Approved Programs):
- For Status Checks: Before you call, please make sure you have the application batch number from the college and the date the package was sent to the Department of Education.
- The approximate waiting time is 1 to 3 weeks after your application batch has been received by the Department of Education.
Attention New Teachers completing the Provisional Teacher Program (PTP) and awaiting their standard licenses:
- New Teachers who complete the PTP program are recommended for a standard certificate when their school district submits a summative evaluation and all corresponding paperwork to the PTP office.
- Once the PTP office approves the summative, the applicant is recommended for the issuance of the Standard certificate. The approximate waiting time is currently 6 weeks from when the PTP office approves the issuance of the standard certificate.
Introduction to the Teaching Profession: A 24 Hour Pre-service Program:
- Required for Candidates seeking a Certificate of Eligibility.
- Click here to learn more.
Transcript Evaluation Status:
- Due to the heavy volume of certification requests in the summer months, effective May 1, 2013, we will no longer be accepting requests to review applicants' transcripts to determine whether your coursework meets the requirements for specific certificates.
- Transcript evaluations will be available again after October 1, 2013.