Federal Title Program Resources Legislation, Regulations & Guidance
II, Part A - Teacher
and Principal Training and Recruiting Fund, Grants to States
Summary: This program increases student achievement by elevating teacher and principal quality through recruitment, hiring, and retention strategies.
Program Office: Office of Academic and Professional Standards-(609) 984-5322
Highly Qualified Teachers
- The New Jersey Model for Identifying Highly Qualified Teachers (336 kb PDF)
- Highly Qualified Teacher Survey
- New Jersey Model for Highly Qualified Teachers: Support Materials from NJPEP
- Certification and the Highly Qualified Teacher Initiative
- Memo to County Superintendents from Assistant Commissioner Richard Ten Eyck; Subject: FY 2004 Title IIA Highly Qualified Teacher Survey
- USDOE Outlines New Flexibility for Meeting Highly Qualified Teacher Requirements (March 15, 2004)
This presentation was made to school administrators in August 2003 to prepare them to assist teachers in satisfying the NCLB requirement for Highly Qualified Teachers. It includes information about who is required to meet the definition, the timelines for compliance, the federal criteria for determining whether teachers are highly qualified and the NJ High Objective Uniform State Evaluation (HOUSE) Standard. The presentation provides instructions on completing necessary forms and addresses concerns specific to middle school, special education and Title I teachers.
FAQ'S/Q & A
- Resources (PDF)