Jersey State Board of Education
Vision and Mission
New Jersey students will be exceptionally prepared for the global economy and socially ready to contribute to local, national, and international communities.
Provide leadership to achieve excellence in New Jersey public education. Engage legislators, school administrators, teachers, students, parents, and other stakeholders in formulating policies that enhance education, empower families, and broaden opportunities for students.
Goals of the SBOE
- Promote and ensure a thorough, efficient, and equitable system of K-12 education.
- Prepare students for college and the workforce by promoting a rich and rigorous curriculum.
- Promote high quality and effective teaching and educational leadership.
- Integrate and advance the use of education based technology to enhance student learning and assessment of student.
- Empower parents by offering quality options that meet the needs of their child.
- Close the academic achievement gap.
- Confront failing schools and districts efficiently and decisively.
- Advance adult education.