Safer Schools for a Better Tomorrow » Home
School Security Audits
Commissioner's Memo on Drill Audits - Key Points
- All schools are now required to hold one school security drill and one fire emergency evacuation drill per month.
- The first fire emergency evacuation drill shall be conducted within the first 10 days and the first school security drill must be held within the first 15 days of the beginning of the school year.
- Schools are required to hold a minimum of two of each of the following security drills annually:
- Active Shooter
- Evacuation (Non-Fire)
- Bomb Threat
- Please note that you must provide emergency responders with a friendly notification at least 48 hours prior to holding all school security drills.
- You must invite law enforcement to attend and observe at least four different drills annually.
- School Security Drill Law will be assessed over the next two years by the School Security Task Force.
- A minimum of 20% of districts per county will be observed during a school security drill over this period by the School Security Task Force, the Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness, and law enforcement agencies.
If you have any questions or comments regarding School Security Drills please feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.