Materials from March 9 & 10, 2011 Teleconference #2 Regarding Post-School Transition Outcomes Study: Cohort V
The federal State Performance Plan (SPP)/Annual Performance Report (APR), Indicator #14: Post-School Transition Outcomes requires that each state report on an annual basis the percent of youth who are no longer in secondary school, had an Individualized Education Program (IEP) in effect at the time they left school, and were:
- Enrolled in higher education within one year of leaving school
- Enrolled in higher education within one year of leaving school or competitively employed within one year of leaving high school.
- Enrolled in higher education or in some other postsecondary education or training program; or competitively employed or in some other employment within one year of leaving high school. (20 U.S.C. 1416 (a)(3)(B)
Between June and September 2011, each district in Cohort V will be required to conduct telephone interviews with their former students who exited school during the 2009-2010 school year. Using a prescribed Office of Special Education Programs (NJOSEP) survey instrument and methodology, districts will interview former students to determine what activities student exiters were engaged in during the past year.
The attached Power Point describes the measurement, survey protocol and data collection process to be used.
Below are the materials for the March 9 & 10, 2011 teleconference:
- PowerPoint for March 9 & 10, 2011 teleconference
- Foundation & Supplemental Funding Cohort V
- Student Contact Information for After Leaving High School
- Survey Protocol Instrument
- PSO Tracking Form
- Script for Phone Interview
- Range of Survey ID Numbers
- Timekeeping Log
Questions about the study can be directed to Bob Haugh at (609) 633-6431.