Materials for the Technical Assistance Teleconferences Regarding the Special Education Parent Survey(SPP Indicator #8) COHORT 7 to be conducted on November 14 and 15, 2012
The federal State Performance Plan (SPP), Indicator #8: Parent Involvement requires that states conduct an annual survey of parents of students with disabilities, ages 3-21, to determine how schools are facilitating parent involvement in their child's program. Each year, for the past five years, a cohort of districts, randomly selected to be representative of the state, has participated in this survey. This survey has been extended with new cohorts, representative of the state of New Jersey.
This teleconference is being conducted by the New Jersey Department of Education, Office of Special Education (NJOSE) for COHORT 7 districts that were randomly selected to participate in the Parent Survey for Special Education during 2012-2013.
The presentation will include:
- An overview of the parent survey
- District responsibilities
- NJOSE support to districts
- Use of the survey results
The intended audience for this teleconference is the Director of Special Education and other staff who will have oversight responsibilities to provide family names and addresses to NJOSE.
Posted here you will find the following materials that will be used during the presentation:
- PowerPoint (H - 1)
- SAMPLE surveys 2012
- DRAFT NJDOE Cover Letter to Parents Spanish/English (H-2)
- Data Verification Form (H-3)
- Directions for Completing the EXCEL Parent Address Template (H-4)
- Strategies for Parent Participation (H-5)
- Sample District Letter to Parents (H-6)
- DRAFT Contract (H-7)
- Compensation Information (H-8)
- DRAFT Invoice (H-9)
- Registration Information for the EXCEL technical assistance sessions (2) (H-10)
- Access to Parent Records (H-11)
Should you have questions regarding the survey, please contact MaryAnn Joseph at (856) 582-7000 x 106