New Jersey Adult Education
Colleges, Schools & Universities
The New Jersey Department of Education GED verification process is provided through our scoring vendor on the website www.ged123.org. This process employs the latest technology to give candidates access to retrieve their Official Transcript of GED Test Results, otherwise known as the Electronic Transcript (E-transcript). This process allows for admissions representatives and school officials to verify the authenticity of the document provided by the candidate, using the Transcript Verification Code found on the E-transcript.
Other states that use the website www.ged123.org include Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Oregon, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.
In Canada: Alberta, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan.
How to Verify an Official Transcript of GED® Tests Results
- Please have the candidate fax a signed request form to obtain their GED Access Code. To access the form including fax number, click on http://www.state.nj.us/education/students/ged/forms/transreq.pdf
- Once the form is received by the New Jersey Department of Education, the candidate will be provided a private GED Access Code via email.
- The candidate can then go online at www.ged123.org and print out the official transcript and provide to your college/school/university.
- As a school/college or university admissions official, you can then verify the candidate’s credential online at www.ged123.org using the Transcript Verification Code found on the candidate’s official transcript (see top right hand corner). The candidate will need to provide you with the transcript verification code.
- For questions, please contact the New Jersey Department of Education at 609-777-1050 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.