TITLE IV-A (SAFE AND DRUG-FREE SCHOOLS & COMMUNITIES ACT) OF NCLB
The purposes of Title IV-A are to:
1) support programs that prevent violence in and around schools;
2) prevent the illegal use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs;
3) involve parents and communities;
4) coordinate programs and services with related Federal, State, school and community efforts and resources; and
5) foster a safe and drug-free learning environment that supports student academic achievement.
Provided below are information, services and other resources to support the fulfillment of these purposes and the statutory requirements of Title IV-A.
- Blueprints Matrix of Prevention Programs
- Model Programs Guide (Office of Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention)
- NCLB Reference Manual
- Rutgers Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Project
- Safe, Disciplined, and Drug-Free Schools Expert Panel Exemplary Programs (USDOE)
- SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP)
- What Works Clearinghouse