Year Four: July 1, 2001 June 30, 2002
Wave 10: December 14, 2001
- More than 35,300 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund - Year 4.
- This tenth wave notified 183 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $36.9 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $786,600.64. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $31,186,514.42, which is 2% of national total thus far (over $1.7 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave ten: 3.
- The number of agencies notified in this tenth wave: 2. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 2 (1 Abbott district(s) received awards in this wave)
Non-Public Schools: 0
Public Libraries: 0