FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Year Four: July 1, 2001 June 30, 2002
Wave 13: January 24, 2002
- More than 35,300 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund - Year 4.
- This thirteenth wave notified 381 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: $79.7 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $4,802,462.59. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $36,024,581.90, which is 2% of national total thus far (over $1.9 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave thirteen: 25.
- The number of agencies notified in this thirteenth wave: 14. (New Jersey comprised 6% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 7 (3 Abbott district(s) received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 7
Public Libraries: 0