FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002 June 30, 2003
Wave 24: February 6, 2003
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This twenty-fourth wave notified 78 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $50.3 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $83,753.85. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $40,628,452.17, which is 2.2% of national total thus far (over $1.8 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave twenty-four: 4.
- The number of agencies notified in this twenty-fourth wave: 2. (New Jersey comprised 2.6% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 2 (1 Abbott district received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 0
Public Libraries: 0