DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002 June 30, 2003
Wave 26: April 3, 2003
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service
Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This twenty-sixth wave notified 551 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to
schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services
for this wave: over $251 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey
in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $2,702,726.28.
Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $53,550,204.96, which
is 2.5% of national total thus far (over $2.1 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave twenty-six: 17.
- The number of agencies notified in this twenty-sixth wave: 15. (New
Jersey comprised 2.7% of the total national funded applications for
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services
in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 9 (6 Abbott districts received awards in
Nonpublic Schools: 0
Public Libraries: 6