FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002 June 30, 2003
Wave 5: June 13, 2002
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This fifth wave notified 2,400 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $52.4 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $813,211.08. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $20,404,777.18, which is 4% of national total thus far (over $505 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave five: 88.
- The number of agencies notified in this fifth wave: 64. (New Jersey comprised 3% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 24 (1 Abbott district received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 36
Public Libraries: 4