FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002 June 30, 2003
Wave 6: June 27, 2002
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This sixth wave notified 2,560 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: $114.2 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $268,332.19. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $20,673,109.37, which is 3% of national total thus far (approximately $619 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave six: 25.
- The number of agencies notified in this sixth wave: 17. (New Jersey comprised 1% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 7 (1 Abbott district received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 10
Public Libraries: 0