Funding Year 2002: July 1, 2002 June 30, 2003
Wave 8: July 26, 2002
- More than 36,000 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2002.
- This eighth wave notified 600 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: approximately $45 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $1,909,982.54. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $21,885,389.04, which is 3.2% of national total thus far (approximately $687 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave eight: 10.
- The number of agencies notified in this eighth wave: 7. (New Jersey comprised 1.2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 5 (1 Abbott district received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 2
Public Libraries: 0