Funding Year 2003: July 1, 2003
June 30, 2004
Wave 1: April 23, 2003
- For Funding Year 2003 41,146 E-Rate applications were received for the Universal Service Fund.
- This first wave notified 13,946 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: nearly $181 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $9,601,121.15, which is 5% of national total.
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave one: 724.
- The number of agencies notified in this first wave: 433. (New Jersey comprised 3% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 200 (10 Abbott district(s) received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 184
Public Libraries: 49