Funding Year 2003: July 1, 2003
June 30, 2004
Wave 11: September 4, 2003
- 41,146 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2003.
- This eleventh wave notified 464 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $93.5 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $902,797.60. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $31,789,645.17, which is 3% of national total thus far (over $970.9 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave eleven: 9.
- The number of agencies notified in this eleventh wave: 7. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 3 (1 Abbott district received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 4
Public Libraries: 0