Funding Year 2003: July 1, 2003
June 30, 2004
Wave 12: September 18, 2003
- 41,146 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2003.
- This twelfth wave notified 308 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $103.3 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $3,624,991.95. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: approximately $35,414,637.12, which is 3% of national total thus far (over $1.074 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave twelve: 13.
- The number of agencies notified in this twelfth wave: 7. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 3 (2 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 4
Public Libraries: 0