Funding Year 2003: July 1, 2003
June 30, 2004
Wave 2: May 7, 2003
- 41,146 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2003.
- This second wave notified 2,494 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $44 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $3,640,492.63. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $13,241,613.78, which is 6% of national total thus far (over $225 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave two: 223.
- The number of agencies notified in this second wave: 137. (New Jersey comprised 5% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 87 (3 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 36
Public Libraries: 14