Funding Year 2003: July 1, 2003 June
Wave 21: January 28, 2004
- 41,146 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2003.
- This twenty-first wave notified 47 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $6.5 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $240,289.92. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $41,442,741.84, which is 2% of national total thus far (over $1.7 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave twenty-one: 1.
- The number of agencies notified in this twenty-first wave: 1. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 1 (1 Abbott district received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 0
Public Libraries: 0