DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2003: July 1, 2003 June 30, 2004
Wave 23: February 27, 2004
- 41,146 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding
- This twenty-third wave notified 2,442 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally
to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services
for this wave: over $384.9 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey
in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $5,162,076.17.
Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $46,713,398.46,
which is 2% of national total thus far (nearly $2.1 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave twenty-three: 45.
- The number of agencies notified in this twenty-third wave: 39. (New
Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services
in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 14 (10 Abbott districts received awards
in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 20
Public Libraries: 5