FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2003: July 1, 2003 June 30, 2004
Wave 5: June 20, 2003
- 41,146 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2003.
- This fifth wave notified 2,329 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $85 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $3,890,525.12. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $21,775,181.23, which is 6% of national total thus far (nearly $384 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave five: 84.
- The number of agencies notified in this fifth wave: 54. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 31 (5 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 20
Public Libraries: 3