Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June
Wave 2: May 6, 2004
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2004.
- This second wave notified 2,269 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $24.2 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $900,633.52. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $2,296,033.48, which is 4% of national total thus far (over $61.1 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave two: 70.
- The number of agencies notified in this second wave: 41. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 15 (1 Abbott district received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 24
Public Libraries: 2