FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June
Wave 3: May 21, 2004
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2004.
- This third wave notified 3,183 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: nearly $39.3 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $2,692,247.52. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $4,988,281, which is 5% of national total thus far (over $100.4 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave three: 122.
- The number of agencies notified in this third wave: 73. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 21 (2 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 44
Public Libraries: 8