DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
FACTS ON NJ E-RATE FUNDING COMMITMENTS
Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June
Wave 5: June 17, 2004
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding
- This fifth wave notified 3,352 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally
to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services
for this wave: over $92.6 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey
in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $2,765,956.26.
Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $9,232,542.09, which
is 3% of national total thus far (over $271.3 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave five: 123.
- The number of agencies notified in this fifth wave: 76. (New Jersey
comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services
in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 33 (4 Abbott districts received awards
in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 37
Public Libraries: 6