Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June
Wave 5: June 17, 2004
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2004.
- This fifth wave notified 3,352 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $92.6 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $2,765,956.26. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $9,232,542.09, which is 3% of national total thus far (over $271.3 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave five: 123.
- The number of agencies notified in this fifth wave: 76. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 33 (4 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 37
Public Libraries: 6