Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June
Wave 6: June 28, 2004
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2004.
- This sixth wave notified 2,114 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $84.2 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $3,119,312.42. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $12,351,854.51, which is 3% of national total thus far (over $355.6 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave six: 142.
- The number of agencies notified in this sixth wave: 87. (New Jersey comprised 4% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 52 (6 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 25
Public Libraries: 10