Funding Year 2005: July 1, 2005 June 30, 2006
Wave 10: August 31, 2005
- 38,799 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2005.
- This tenth wave notified 601 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $31.4 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $2,836,660.36. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $15,830,324.82, which is 3% of national total thus far (over $577 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave ten: 32.
- The number of agencies notified in this tenth wave: 17. (New Jersey comprised 3% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 14 (2 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 2
Public Libraries: 1