Funding Year 2005: July 1, 2005 June 30, 2006
Wave 11: September 8, 2005
- 38,799 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2005.
- This eleventh wave notified 403 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $11.6 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $827,669.78. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $16,657,994.60, which is 3% of national total thus far (over $589 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave eleven: 17.
- The number of agencies notified in this eleventh wave: 11. (New Jersey comprised 3% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 9 (1 Abbott district received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 2
Public Libraries: 0