Funding Year 2005: July 1, 2005 June 30, 2006
Wave 3: July 13, 2005
- 38,799 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2005.
- This third wave notified 521 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $20.9 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $135,938.24. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $7,248,216.43, which is 2% of national total thus far (over $327.8 million).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave three: 15.
- The number of agencies notified in this third wave: 9. (New Jersey comprised 2% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 4 (0 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 4
Public Libraries: 1