2004 Preliminary Adequate Yearly Progress Status
Under No Child Left Behind Accountability Requirements
New Jersey Department of Education
Office of Title I Program Planning and Accountability
NJ ASK 4 – GEPA – HSPA
- The results of this data analysis are preliminary.
- Student mobility is based on students enrolled after July 1 for NJ ASK 4, GEPA, and HSPA.
- Alternate Proficiency Assessment (APA) results for proficiency have not been added to the special education calculations. Participation for students taking the APA has been included.
- For limited English proficient students, the full flexibility of the law has been applied.
- A five percent misclassification rate has been applied to the AYP benchmarks for both the total school and student subgroup performance.
- For participation calculations, the student count is 40. For proficiency, the student count is 20, except for the special education subgroup, which is 35.
- Participation averaging has not been calculated; it may be calculated for the final analysis.
- A dash (-) in the "Made 95% Participation Rate" and "Made 2004 AYP Benchmark Target" columns denotes no students or less than the required number of students in a student subgroup.
- Safe Harbor has been calculated for NJ ASK 4, GEPA, and HSPA.
- Safe Harbor is calculated for the total population and all student subgroups.
- Safe Harbor is attained if the proportion of students in the subgroup or the total population scoring partially proficient is reduced by ten percent over the previous year.
- If prior year data is not available, Safe Harbor is not calculated.
- To make Safe Harbor for any student subgroup, secondary measures must also be met for that group.
- The secondary measure for elementary and middle schools is attendance rate. The secondary measure for high schools is drop-out rate. The field is blank for the preliminary report as the data is unavailable.