Technical Assistance and Resources Archive
The Delaware Valley Parent Empowerment Fair
The New Jersey Department of Education, Office of Title I Program Planning and Accountability, is partnering with the Pennsylvania Parent Information Resource Center (PIRC) and WDAS 105.3 FM radio to sponsor the Delaware Valley Parent Empowerment Fair at Penns Landing in Philadelphia on Saturday, August 14, 2004, from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The states of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware will be collaborating on this day to provide parents across the Delaware Valley region with vital information concerning the federal parent involvement requirements under the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB).
The fair has been structured to allow parents to learn firsthand about a wide range of educational options available to them from a variety of organizations. The fair will include the following:
- Over 100 information booths of parental involvement organizations (parent-teacher groups, school choice groups, private school groups, after school programs, supplemental educational services providers, literacy and tutoring services).
- Panel discussions on supplemental educational services providers, effective parental involvement models, strategies and practices, opportunities for parental involvement, and state support for districts, schools and parents.
- Informal opportunities to discuss and disseminate information related to parental involvement.
- Children's activities (face painting, games, clowns) and more.
- Transportation Options
- Parent Information and Resource Centers
- Pennsylvania Parent Information Resource Center