Pursuant to the Open Public Meetings Act, notice is hereby given that the Government Records Council will hold a regular meeting at which formal action may be taken, commencing at 9:30 am, Thursday April 10, 2003, at the Department of Community Affairs (DCA) offices located at 101 South Broad Street in Trenton, New Jersey.
The agenda to the extent presently know, is listed below. Immediately upon coming to order, the Council will enter into closed session for legal advice. The public session and consideration of cases is expected to commence at approximately 10:30 a.m. in Room 129.
- Public Session (DCA, Room 235A, 9:30 a.m.)
- Call to Order
- Meeting Notice
- Roll Call
- Public Statement of Purpose of Closed Session
Closed Session (DCA, Room 235A, 9:35 a.m.)
Reconvene Public Session (DCA, Room 129, 10:30 a.m.)
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Public Comment*
- Approval of Minutes
- Public meeting of February 13, 2003
- Closed Session of February 13, 2003
- Public meeting of March 13, 2003
- Closed session of March 13, 2003
- Release of selected portions of closed session minutes of December 12, 2002, January 17, 2003, February 13, 2003, and March 13, 2003
- Executive Director's April 2003 Report
- 9-1-1 Tape Disclosures: Appellate Court Decisions on Serrano v. South Brunswick (2002-33) and Courier News v. Hunterdon County Prosecutor (matter of Jayson Williams)
- Unfinished Business
- L.E. Fisher and Krisburg v. City of Paterson (2002-46 and 55)
Status: Submissions on fee award have been received and are being reviewed. No GRC action is anticipated this meeting.
- Reda v. Township of West Milford (2002-58)
Status: A certification submitted by the attorney for the Township concerning copies of the requested e-mails is under staff review. No GRC action is anticipated this meeting.
- Teeters v. DYFS (2002-6 and 2002-15)
Status: Submissions from DYFS have been received and are being reviewed. No GRC action is anticipated.
- Blue v. Township of Wall (2002-47) Status: Submission has been received from the Division of Law and is being reviewed. No GRC action is anticipated.
- L.E. Fisher v. Township of Cedar Grove (2002-34) Status: Council found for custodian, but requester has filed brief claiming prevailing party status. Matter under review. No action anticipated at this meeting.
- L.E. Fisher v. New Jersey Institute of Technology (2002-35)
Status: Council found for custodian, but requester has filed brief claiming prevailing party status. Matter under review. No action anticipated at this meeting.
- L.E. Fisher v. Passaic County Community College (2002-36)
Status: Parties have filed briefs claiming and opposing prevailing party status. Matter under review. No action anticipated at this meeting.
- Minuskin v. N.J.S.A. Department of Transportation (2002-88)
Status: Filings by the Department have raised new issues that require additional time for response of parties, staff investigation and review, and ultimately a new Finding and Recommendation. Council to consider withdrawal of its initial Order pending completion of the review.
- New Business
- L.E. Fisher v. Township of Fairfield (Essex) (2002-39)
Status: Custodian filed certification and explanation for redaction of legal voucher. Possible Council action depends on timing of responses from parties.
- Edwards v. City of Jersey City (2002-71)
Status: Executive Director recommends that Council refer to the case to the Office of Administrative Law for a hearing and Initial Decision.
- Presentation by Privacy Council: Catherine Starghill, Esq.
- Update of Council Inquiry and Complaint Policy
- Public Comment*
Notice to Parties
Parties with cases being considered for action have been notified that the matter is on the Council's agenda. Neither attorneys nor other representatives of the parties are required to attend this meeting nor will they be permitted to participate in case proceedings.
*In the interest of time speakers are limited to five minutes. Speakers with prepared testimony should provide eight (8) copies for the Council and present a summary.