Pursuant to the Open Public Meetings Act, notice is hereby given that the Government Records Council will hold a regular meeting, at which formal action may be taken, commencing at 9:30 am, Thursday, September 11, 2003 at the Department of Community Affairs (DCA) offices located at 101 South Broad Street in Trenton, New Jersey.
The agenda to the extent presently known is listed below. Immediately upon coming to order, the Council will enter into closed session for legal advice. The public session and consideration of cases is expected to commence at approximately 10:30 a.m. in Room 129.
- Public Session (DCA, Room 235A, 9:30 a.m.)
- Call to Order
- Meeting Notice
- Roll Call
- Public Statement of Purpose of Closed Session
- Closed Session (DCA, Room 235A, 9:35 a.m.)
- Reconvene Public Session (DCA, Room 129, approximately 10:30 a.m.)
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Public meeting of August 14, 2003
- Closed Session of August 14, 2003
- Attorney General Advice: Meaning of "Knowingly and Willfully" under OPRA
- Complaint Adjudication
- Shain v. Township of Lakewood (2002-110) Status: Case ready for adjudication
- Shain v. Township of Lakewood (2002-111) Status: Case ready for adjudication
- Brower v. Township of Chatham (2003-30) Status: Case ready for adjudication
- Seery v. Township of Upper Pittsfield (2003-38) Status: Case ready for adjudication
- Reda v. Township of West Milford (2003-49) Status: Case recommended for referral to Office of Administrative Law
- Unfinished Business
- Reda v. Township of West Milford (2002-58) Status: Case recommended for referral to Office of Administrative Law
- Blanchard v. Rahway Board of Education (2003-57) Status: Council to consider custodian penalty
- L.E. Fisher v. Township of Fairfield (Essex) (2002-38) Status: Case ready for adjudication
- New Business
- Custodian "Consequences" Policy
- Public Comment*
Notice to Parties
^ Parties with cases being considered for adjudication have been notified that the matter is on the Council's agenda. Neither attorneys nor other representatives of the parties are required to attend this meeting nor will they be permitted to make oral or written comment during the adjudication.
*In the interest of time, speakers are limited to five minutes. Speakers with prepared testimony should provide eight (8) copies for the Council and present a summary.