Skip to navigation |
Introducing Healthy New Jersey 2020
Healthy New Jersey 2020 is the state’s health improvement plan and its health promotion and disease prevention agenda for the decade. It is modeled after the federal Healthy People 2020 initiative and is the result of a multiyear process that reflects input from a diverse group of individuals and organizations.
A state in which all people live long, healthy lives.
Healthy New Jersey 2020 strives to:
- Identify statewide health improvement priorities.
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the determinants of health, disease, and disability and the opportunities for progress.
- Provide measurable objectives and goals that are applicable at the State and local levels.
- Engage multiple sectors to take actions to strengthen policies and improve practices that are driven by the best available evidence and knowledge.
- Identify critical research, evaluation, and data collection needs.
- Attain high-quality, longer lives free of preventable disease, disability, injury, and premature death.
- Achieve health equity, eliminate disparities, and improve health for all people.
- Create social and physical environments that promote good health for all.
- Promote quality of life, healthy development, and healthy behaviors across all life stages.