Skip to navigation
Mission of the ODES
The ODES is charged with ensuring that all employees, applicants for employment and persons conducting business with the Department of Health (DOH) encounter an environment that is free from prohibited discrimination or harassment in accordance with the New Jersey State Policy Prohibiting Discrimination in the Workplace (State Anti-Discrimination Policy). The ODES promotes a work environment that embraces the ideals of equality, dignity and respect.
Responsibilities of the ODES
- Evaluate, investigate and formally or informally resolve complaints of discrimination based on the protected categories set forth in the State Anti-Discrimination Policy, including sexual harassment.
- Consult with and provide guidance to employees, applicants for employment and persons conducting business with the DOH regarding work-related matters that involve a protected category.
- Consult with and provide guidance to management in order to ensure a work environment free from discrimination.
- Provide guidance to management on recruitment strategies, monitor hiring decisions and track various employment actions.
- Educate DOH staff on their rights and responsibilities under the State Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Make policy recommendations to enhance the DOH’s commitment to equal opportunity and affirmative action.