Jersey’s Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) offer a wide range
of health care services for the entire family.
You don’t need health insurance to get care at a center. Centers
serve the uninsured and underinsured, as well as patients with Medicaid,
Medicare and private insurance.
If you’re uninsured, your bill will be based on your ability
to pay. No one is ever turned away for lack of funds.
Services provided by the centers include:
- Pediatric Services/Well Baby Care
- Women’s Health/Prenatal Care
- Adolescent Health
- Internal and Family Medicine
- Foot Care
- Mental Health
- Dental Care
- Social Services
- Case Management
- Nutritional Counseling (WIC)
- Health Education
- Evaluation for Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- HIV/AIDS Counseling and Testing
- HIV/Hepatitis C Medical Care
- Eligibility for Medicare/Medicaid
- Laboratory Services
- Referrals for Specialty Care
- Pharmacy Services
- Outreach and Marketing
- Patient Transportation
Each year, more than 400,000 patients make more than a million visits to the centers.
New Jersey is expanding this network of care to medically underserved
areas of the state so that residents will have greater access to primary
and preventive health care.