The Office of Nutrition and Fitness (ONF) is a part of the New Jersey Department of Health (DOH), Division of Family Services. Established in 2007, ONF was the first state office of its kind in the nation.
ONF works to reduce obesity in New Jersey by providing programs, information and resources designed to reach New Jerseyans, particularly those at risk of obesity and related health outcomes.
ONF's current projects include the following:
- A public-private partnership designed to make the healthy choice the easy choice in New Jersey.
- NJ Council on Physical Fitness and Sports
- A governor appointed council that promotes safe and enjoyable physical activity in New Jersey.
- Fruit and Vegetable Program
- A national program designed to increase the amount of fruits and vegetables consumed.
- Health Corps
- A national program that uses peer-mentoring in schools to improve nutrition and fitness in high-need populations.