This program facilitates the implementation of N.J.A.C. 8:52: Public Health Practice Standards of Performance for Local Boards of Health in New Jersey (Practice Standards).
- Provides leadership and technical liaison services for local pubic health performance improvement
- Fosters a culture of continuous quality improvement processes and use of evidence-based practices
- Expedites the collection of local health department data
- Supports comprehensive public health planning at all levels of the public health system (Governmental Public Health Partnerships (GPHP))
- Promotes an integrated public health system in New Jersey through the strengthening of collaboration and coordination among:
- local health departments
- local health departments and community partners
- local health departments and the NJDOH, other State departments, and non-governmental agencies that interact with local health departments
- Maintains ongoing communications with public health system partners
Communications activities, data utilization, and conference planning are also handled by this program area. This program works to increase public awareness and understanding of the role of public health and the functions of local health departments in protecting and promoting individual and community health.