TRENTON - The New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services has bestowed recognition awards to 69 employees from across the state for their outstanding service in the fields of public health and senior services.
"This department is fortunate to have a caring and knowledgeable workforce dedicated to helping all people in New Jersey achieve optimal health, dignity and independence," said Health and Senior Services Commissioner Christine Grant.
"The individuals we are honoring work throughout the year to prevent disease, promote and protect well-being at all life stages and help people make informed choices that enrich quality of life for individuals and communities."
Co-Worker Recognition Awards were presented to:
Barbara Pittman (Trenton), an employee with the Division of Addiction Services.
- Marion Pierce (Shamong), Division of Public Health and Environmental Laboratories.
- Victoria Mele (Morrisville), Division of Family Health Services.
- James Pasqualo (Manahawkin), Division of Epidemiology, Environmental and Occupational Health Services.
- Danita Graves (Perth Amboy), Division on AIDS Prevention and Control.
- June Britton (Hamilton), Division of Senior Benefits.
- The late Frank Shelmet (Morrisville), Division of Health Care Systems Analysis.
Customer Service Excellence Awards were presented to:
- Georgene Rhodunda (Fairless Hills), Division of Addiction Services.
- Harriet Koval (Trenton), Alice Merritt (Cranbury), and Kathy Betsy (Trenton), all Division of Senior Benefits and Utilization Management, Pharmaceutical Assistance to the Aged and Disabled (PAAD) Program.
- Howard Almen (Bordentown), Division of Public Health and Environmental Laboratories.
- Patricia Rossboro (Freehold), Division of Health Care Systems Analysis.
- Joan Masterson (Columbus), Judy Marshall-Cook (Cream Ridge), Jill Johnson (Hightstown), and Sandra Brownell (Moorestown), all Division of Long Term Care.
- Juliet Tucker (Trenton), Division of Epidemiology, Environmental and Occupational Health Services.
Team/Partnership Achievement Awards went to:
- Bruce Wolf (Annadale), Patricia Bryant (Medford), Johnny Bryant (Vincetown), Suzanne Hanuschik (Hamilton), Robert Gray (Hamilton), Claudio Amari (Bordentown), Donna Barton (Croydon), Kenneth Early (Trenton), Larry Wood (Hamilton), Gordon Fratz (Yardville), Valerie Moses (Willingboro), JoAnne Angarone (Hamilton), Elizabeth Clark (Westville), and Kanjana Garcia (Brows Mills), all Division of Public Health and Environmental Laboratories' Virology Program.
- Carolyn Hall (Mt. Laurel), Arlene Cryer (Pennsauken), and Susan Kelley (Moorestown), all Division of Health Care Systems Analysis' ESRD Team.
- Sharon Kieffer (Hamilton), Kelly Walker (Trenton), Alvina Berry (Trenton), Mary Keating (Hamilton), Don Freeman (Trenton), Celeste Wood (Chesterfield), Sandy Dale (Yardville), Andrea Toth (Robbinsville), Beth Ferraro (Pt. Pleasant), Monica Harvey (Trenton), Lillian Caraballo (Trenton), Don Finn (Manalapan), Alice Burns (Newtown), Betsy Solan (Robbinsville), Wener Vosskaemper (Trenton), Diane Moretz (Bordentown), and Ron Bodnar (Trenton), all members of the department's Human Resources Focus Group.
- Diane Moretz (Bordentown), Sharon Kieffer (Hamilton), Jodi Beideman (Hamilton), Debi Morse (Trenton), Kelly Walker (Trenton), Leslie Tozour (Trenton), Maggie Gray (Trenton), Rita Belfiore (Trenton), Tory Mele (Morrisville), Rita Smith (Hamilton), and Jean DiGiovacchino (Hamilton), all Division of Family Health Services' Events Committee.
- Ida Nagy (Mt. Laurel), Patricia Guner (Trenton), Beth Bell (Bordentown), Sandra Brownell (Moorestown), Linda Rogers (Trenton), Trevor Johnson (Trenton), Michele Williams (Trenton), Christine Voilas (Robbinsville), Art Verpent (North Brunswick), and Marge Binns (Florence), all Division of Long Term Care Systems' Morale Committee.
The department's Longevity Award was presented to:
Thelma Pintella (Trenton), a recently retired employee with the Division of Health Care Systems Analysis and a 40-year public servant.
# # #