In order to receive New Jersey Medicaid EHR Incentive Program payments, hospitals must first register with CMS though the National Level Repository (NLR). They will then be directed to the New Jersey Medicaid provider portal to submit their New Jersey Medicaid EHR Incentive Program attestation information and applicable supporting documentation.
- Name of the eligible hospital
- Eligible hospital’s National Provider Identifier (NPI) number
- Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) Provider Number
- CCN (CMS Certification Number)
- Business address
- Business phone
- Email address
- United States Internal Revenue Service Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- For Acute Hospitals only, select program (Medicaid , Medicare, or Both)
- State selection as New Jersey
Upon successful registration with CMS’s National Level Repository, hospitals will be able to complete the New Jersey Medicaid EHR Incentive Program registration and payment request form using the New Jersey Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Attestation Application, available through the provider portal of www.njmmis.com. The New Jersey EHR Incentive Payment request form will consist of the following components:
- Hospital demographic information, including optional submission of a second email address and two phone numbers
- Information needed for assessing meaningful use status
- Provider attestation
- Incentive payment calculation worksheet
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) application with all required information (e.g., bank routing number)
- Applicable supporting documentation
*Note: The New Jersey Medicaid provider portal will be ready for use in November or early December 2011.
Tip: Since the preferred method of communication for correspondence is email. Providers are encouraged to obtain, use and actively monitor a valid and reliable e-mail address.
Tip: In order to receive a payment, the TIN must have an established EFT account. Instructions on how to set up an account will be available on the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program website.
There are actions hospitals can take right now to prepare for registering with the National Level Registry and the opening of New Jersey Medicaid EHR Incentive Program registration in November or early December 2011.
- Ensure the accuracy of your National Provider Identifier (NPI) account information in preparation for participation in the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
- To update your NPI account information, you will need to access your user account in the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES). Please visit the link https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/NPPES/Welcome.do to update your account.
- After you update your NPI account, please notify New Jersey Medicaid Provider Services and update your information on file with the State of New Jersey.
- Ensure the accuracy of your enrollment record in PECOS in preparation for participation in the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
- It is strongly suggested that children’s hospitals have an enrollment record in PECOS.
- The best way to update your PECOS account is through internet-based PECOS. Find out how by clicking on the appropriate PECOS notification link in the "Downloads" section at https://www.cms.gov/EHRIncentivePrograms/.
- Determine which 90-day period in the most recent completed hospital fiscal year you are going to use to establish your patient threshold. As part of the attestation process, you will be required to identify the “begin” and “end” dates, as well as how you calculated both the numerator and the denominator to calculate your minimum Medicaid patient percentage. You will also need to identify the verifiable data source you are using to determine those numbers.
- Talk with your EHR vendor and determine when your EHR product will be certified. You will need to provide the certification number as part of the application process.