The Governor's Commission on Rationalizing Health Care Resources completed its work in 2008. For historical purposes, DOH continues to make this web site available. This site is not being updated.
Reports from the Commission
Contributions from Interested Groups
The Governor's Commission on Rationalizing Healthcare Resources is posting documents supplied by interested parties. Any opinions, advice, recommendations, or other content are those of the respective author(s). The Commission does not assume editorial control over the content, and takes no responsibility for the content and accuracy of the information presented. The Commission cannot and does not endorse any documents in this section in any way, and expressly disclaims any liability associated or arising out of any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information or action taken or not taken in reliance upon information furnished.
- "Rationalizing Beds, Services, and Payments for New Jersey Hospitals: Targeting Additional Support to the Neediest Essential Hospitals," Henry J. Amoroso and Terence French, November 2006. [pdf 91k]
- 2006 New Jersey Health Care Almanac, Avalere Health LLC.
- Executive Summary [pdf 3m]
For the most up-to-date information, please visit www.njhealthcarealmanac.net
- "Examining the State of Our Healthcare System: The Unique Challenges Facing Urban Hospitals and Their Importance in Our State" Hospital Alliance of New Jersey, October 2006. [pdf 46m]
- Statement of the Health Professionals and Allied Employees, March 2007. [pdf 24k]
- "Certificate of Need Laws: Analysis and Recommendations for the Commission on Rationalizing New Jersey's Health Care Resources," Janelle Sagness, January 12, 2007. [pdf 75k]
- Strategic Plan to Eliminate Health Disparities in New Jersey, Department of Health, March 2007. [pdf 6m]
- "Impact of Hospital Consolidations on Availability of Services," Department of the Public Advocate, February 2007. [pdf 2m]
- Charity Care: An Ailing System, State of New Jersey Commission of Investigation, April 18, 2007. [pdf 301k]
- Catholic HealthCare Partnership of New Jersey -- Testimony of Rev. Joseph Kukura, President, before the Governor's Commission on Rationalizing Health Care Resources, April 30, 2007. [pdf 34k]
- New Jersey Hospital Association -- Testimony of Gary Carter, President and CEO, before the Governor's Commission on Rationalizing Health Care Resources, April 30, 2007. [pdf 436k]
- New Jersey Council of Teaching Hospitals -- Testimony of J. Richard Goldstein, M.D., President and CEO, before the Governor's Commission on Rationalizing Health Care Resources, April 30, 2007. [pdf 138k]
- Hospital Alliance of New Jersey -- Testimony of Suzanne Ianni, President and CEO, before the Governor's Commission on Rationalizing Health Care Resources, April 30, 2007. [pdf 138k]
- Evaluation of the Hospital Charity Care Program in New Jersey, Derek DeLia, Rutgers Center for State Health Policy, January 2007. [pdf 202k]
- Potentially Avoidable Use of Hospital Emergency Departments in New Jersey: A Report to the New Jersey Department of Health, Derek DeLia, July 2006. [pdf 202k]
- Emergency Department Utilization and Surge Capacity in New Jersey, 1998-2003: A Report to the New Jersey Department of Health, Derek DeLia, March, 2005. [pdf 308k]
- Derek DeLia. “Caring for the New Uninsured: Hospital Charity Care for Older People without Coverage”. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 54(12): 1933-1936, 2006.
- Derek DeLia. “Annual Bed Statistics Give a Misleading Picture of Hospital Surge Capacity.” Annals of Emergency Medicine 48(4):384-388, 2006.
- Hospital Capacity, Patient Flow, and Emergency Department Use in New Jersey, Derek DeLia, September 2007 [pdf 268k]
- Insuring the Uninsured, Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey, October 2007. [pdf 57k]
- The Economics of Employer Versus Individual Mandates, Alan B. Krueger and Uwe E. Reinhardt, Health Affairs/Spring 1994. [pdf 214k]