Genealogical Records (family history research) are:
- Birth, death and marriage records for people who are deceased
- the birth occurred more than 80 years ago
- the marriage occurred more than 50 years ago
- the death occurred more than 40 years ago
Your request cannot be processed as a genealogical request if the person named on the record is still living or the event was more recent than listed above.
The Office of Vital Statistics and Registry holds records for the most current 100 years. For records older than 100 years, please visit the Department of State, New Jersey State Archives web page or call (609) 292-6260.
The following must be sent with your application:
- all required copies of ID for proof of identity
- the correct fees
- copies of documents proving your relationship to the person named on the record, if you are ordering a certified copy
Your application will be returned if you do not send in all required documentation.