Co-Occurring Addiction & Mental Health Disorders
DAS strives to promote and support the integrated assessment and treatment of clients with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders (COD) within the substance abuse treatment provider system. These efforts include partnership with the Division of Mental Health Services (DMHS), and with those treatment providers that have been accepted into the DAS Co-Occurring Services Network. DAS also provides technical assistance to DAS licensed treatment providers who wish to apply to the Co-Occurring Services Network.
A variety of co-occurring substance abuse and mental health services are provided statewide through contracts by DAS and DMHS.
- The Detoxification Initiative is jointly funded by DAS and DMHS. This initiative provides for 14 bed slots, in four (4) licensed residential sub-acute detoxification facilities located throughout the state. The Detoxification Initiative serves persons with co-occurring disorders who have been referred through DMHS’ screening centers.
- DAS funds co-occurring substance abuse treatment in four traditional Mental Health agencies (University Behavioral Healthcare, Preferred Behavioral Healthcare of NJ, Greater Trenton Behavioral Healthcare and Care Plus NJ Inc.)
- DMHS funds Maryville Alcoholism rehabilitation center to provide residential substance abuse treatment to clients referred from Ancora and Trenton Psychiatric Hospitals.
- The Integrated Co-Occurring initiative at DAS strives to advance the integration of mental health services into selected substance abuse treatment programs. This initiative provides funding for the services of a psychologist, psychiatrist, and/or an advanced nurse practitioner.
- Residential co-occurring treatment services are provided at Sunrise House, Daytop and New Hope to serve adolescents and young adults with mental health and substance abuse disorders.
Co-Occurring services are included in the DAS Fee-For-Service Network Initiatives. If you are interested in obtaining substance abuse treatment and believe you may qualify for these services, please contact a COD Provider.