The key functions of the ORM are:
· Facilitate and support the activities of the entities that perform risk management functions.
· Improve the ability to identify and reduce risks to individuals related to their health, behavioral and personal safety needs.
· Anticipate and deter risks to the service delivery system.
The core activities of the ORM are:
· Aggregate and analyze data, summarize and track problem remediation.
· Identify trends and areas for improvement
· Disseminate information related to the reduction and mitigation of risk, with an emphasis on proactive approaches.
· Closely collaborate with the functional units of the Office of Program Integrity and Accountability (OPIA) in the Department of Human Services (DHS) through ongoing contact and regular meetings to monitor and assure responses to investigations of abuse, neglect, and exploitation. OPIA includes the Office of Critical Incident Management (CIMU), the Special Response Unit (SRU), and the Office of Licensing (OOL).
· Coordinate the Regional Unusual Incident Reporting (UIR) Coordinators reporting of incidents in accordance with the policies of the DHS and DDD.
· Partner with the CIMU to assure compliance with and improvement in the unusual incident reporting system.
· Assure follow up to SRU investigations by reviewing and tracking all SRU investigation reports and correspondence related to investigation findings, securing and evaluating the corrective actions taken by provider agencies, Division staff, and the Office of Licensing, all in an effort to assure the health and well being of the individuals receiving services.
· Assist with and track provider agency compliance with the training requirements of Danielle’s Law and assists non-residential service providers with developing the procedures required by the Danielle’s Law regulations.
UIRMS Reporting Codes