Funding is available through a post- Sandy Social Services Block Grant to replace, repair or build modular ramps for individuals who require one at their Sandy-impacted primary residences. Ramps will be built for eligible applicants until funding is exhausted.
Ramp Rebuild, Replacement and Installation Program for Individuals Affected by Superstorm Sandy
Modular ramps are custom built from metal, wood or fiberglass and have no permanent footings, making them easy to install, remove, and relocate as necessary. Installation can take a few days or a week depending on the project.
The Sandy Ramps Flyer
The Sandy Ramps Flyer - Spanish
Sandy Brochure - Spanish
Who is eligible? • A ramp was damaged due to the storm and needs to be repaired or replaced.
• A ramp is needed in a home or apartment because a person with a disability has relocated as a result of the storm, even temporarily.
• An existing ramp is no longer useful because a home has had to be elevated to comply with new building codes.
Applicants Must: • Reside in New Jersey.
• Have a permanent disability that requires a ramp. Physician certification of disability and need is required.
• Show proof of home ownership or have written permission from landlord.
• Provide proof of loss as a result of damage from Superstorm Sandy.
• Demonstrate that all other sources of payment (e.g., Insurance, FEMA) are unavailable or exhausted.
For Information or an Application: The Sandy Relief Modular Ramp Program
NJ Division of Disability Services
PO Box 705
Trenton, NJ 08625
1-888-285-3036 (Toll Free) or 609-631-2450 and Push 9