- Members receive $100 reimbursement to offset the purchase of a hearing aid;
- Must be currently enrolled in the PAAD; or
- Meet PAAD eligibility criteria and complete a PAAD application to verify your age or disability status, state residency, and annual income.
- For additional information call toll free 1-800-792-9745.
Hearing Aid Assistance to the Aged and Disabled provides a $100 reimbursement to eligible persons who purchase a hearing aid.
"Hearing Aid" means a custom-fitted ear-level or body-worn electronic device which enhances communication for the hearing impaired.
If you are receiving Medicaid or have other insurance coverage or retirement benefits, you are NOT eligible for HAAAD. However, you are eligible if you have only limited or partial coverage.
If you are currently enrolled in the PAAD or Lifeline program, you must complete a HAAAD application (Word) (PDF) and submit the following documentation:
- A receipt for the purchase of your hearing aid.
- A written statement from your physician attesting to the medical necessity for obtaining a hearing aid.
If you are NOT currently enrolled in the PAAD or Lifeline program, you must complete a PAAD application (Word) (PDF) to verify your age or disability status, residency and annual income. For 2016, the HAAAD income limits are less than $26,575 for single persons and less than $32,582 for married couples.
NOTE: Beneficiaries of the Senior Gold Prescription Discount Program are NOT eligible for HAAAD.