Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
- Program pays partial or full Medicare Part B premiums for eligible participants;
- Must be a New Jersey resident;
- Participants are not financially eligible for the Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) program under New Jersey Medicaid (also known as New Jersey Care);
- Must not exceed income eligibility limits
- SLMB - the income limit is $14,004 for singles and $18,876 for married couples
- SLMB-QI-1, the income limit is $15,755 for singles and $21,236 for married couples.
- For both programs, liquid assets may not exceed $7,160 for single persons or $10,750 for married couples.
- For questions on SLMB or SLMB-QI-1, call toll free 1-800-792-9745.