Statewide Respite Care Program
The NJ Statewide Respite Care Program has been operational since April of 1988. This program provides respite care services for elderly and functionally impaired persons age 18 and older to relieve their unpaid caregivers of stress arising from the responsibility of providing daily care. A secondary goal of the program is to provide the support necessary to help families avoid making nursing home placement of their relatives. Services available under the Statewide Respite Care Program include:
- Homemaker/home health aides (on an hourly or overnight basis)
- Medical or social adult day care
- Temporary care in licensed medical facilities
- Private duty nursing service
- Caregiver-Directed option
To reach the Statewide Respite Care Program in your county, call Aging & Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) toll-free at 1-877-222-3737.