of New Jersey
Governor Richard J. Codey
WHEREAS, it has been a priority of my Administration to restore the traditional role of government by helping those citizens who need it the most; and
WHEREAS, it is critical that the State of New Jersey and its governmental agencies focus upon the ability of individuals with special needs to be gainfully employed; and
WHEREAS, the State of New Jersey is in a unique position to expand employment opportunities for special needs individuals by targeting a small percentage of its immense purchasing power to the statutorily created agency responsible for assisting the productive employment of special needs individuals;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, RICHARD J. CODEY, Acting Governor of the State of New Jersey, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and by the Statutes of this State, do hereby ORDER and DIRECT:
- In furtherance of the goals of the Rehabilitation Facilities Set Aside Act, N.J.S.A. 30:6-23 et seq., and the implementing regulations set forth in N.J.A.C. 10:99-1.1 et seq., all State and local government purchasers of goods and services shall heighten their efforts to assist the productive employment of special needs individuals.
- Every State department, agency, authority and instrumentality that is authorized to purchase goods and services shall forthwith make a good faith effort to purchase three percent of such goods and services from the Central Non-Profit Agency, which has been established to fulfill the aims of the Rehabilitation Facility Set Aside Act.
- All political subdivisions of the State and local government entities, including counties, municipalities, school districts, quasi-State agencies, State and county colleges, volunteer fire departments, volunteer first aid and rescue squads, public authorities, commissions and independent institutions of higher learning, that are authorized to make purchases as provided in the Cooperative Purchase Program statute, N.J.S.A. 52:25-16.1 and N.J.S.A. 40A:11-12, as well as all agencies, commissions, boards and other entities that are authorized to make joint purchases with the Director of the Division of Purchase and Property as provided in N.J.S.A. 52:27B-56.1 shall also make a good faith effort to purchase three percent of its goods and services from the Central Non-Profit Agency.
- The State Treasurer shall take the necessary steps to coordinate the implementation of the terms of this Executive Order. The Treasurer is authorized to call upon any department, office or agency of State government to provide such information, resources or other assistance deemed necessary to discharge his responsibilities under this Order. Each department, office, division and agency of this State is required to cooperate with the Treasurer and to furnish him with assistance necessary to accomplish the purposes of this Order.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
GIVEN, under my hand and seal this 21st day
Two Thousand and Five, and of
the Independence of the United States, the Two
Hundred and Thirtieth.
/s/ Richard J. Codey
/s/ Mark J. Fleming
Deputy Chief Counsel to the Governor