of New Jersey
WHEREAS, New Jersey State Government has long been concerned with improving
motor vehicle safety; and
WHEREAS, In order to achieve the highest degree thereof it is of extreme
importance that the drivers of State-owned motor vehicles practice safety
diligently, thereby setting an example to the entire driving public;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, RICHARD J. HUGHES, Governor of the State of New Jersey,
by virtue of authority vested in me by the Constitution and statutes of
this State, do hereby order and direct that:
- There is hereby created within the Department of the Treasury an
Accident Review Board which shall comprise one representative from the
Department of the Treasury, Central Motor Pool, and four represeatatives
from the Department of Law aad Public Safety, being one each from the
Division of Law, Division of Motor Vehicles, Division of State Police
and Bureau of Claims.
- It shall be the function of the Accident Review Board.
- to review each accident in which a Central Motor Pool vehicle
shall have been involved, after submission to it of an investigation
report thereof by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- to recommend corrective measures in order to reduce accidents
and increase safety,
- to maintain a driving record for each State employee who uses
a Central Motor Pool vehicle, and
- to develop policies and procedures designed to improve the driving
of State employees operating Central Motor Pool vehicles.
my hand and seal this 23rd
day of December in the year of Our
Lord, one thousand nine hundred and
sixty-six, and of the Independence of the
United States, the one hundred and
Attest: /s/Lawrence Bilder,
Secretary to the Governor